SESAR Innovation Days 2019
Call for Contributions now open!
Call for Contributions (papers, posters and exhibits): www.sesarju.eu/news/call-contributions-9th-sesar-innovation-days
This year’s SESAR Innovation Days (SIDs) will be hosted by the University of Piraeus and the National Centre of Scientific Research (NCSR) “Demokritos” in Athens, Greece, during the week of 02-06 December 2019. The main conference will take place from 03-05 December and will showcase results from European exploratory research and discuss how to advance promising concepts towards industrial research within the SESAR innovation pipeline. The SIDs are based on an open call soliciting contributions from ATM research. Exhibitions and poster, keynotes and networking events will provide further opportunities to learn about interesting projects and meet like-minded researchers.
Researchers from universities, research institutions, airlines, air traffic service providers and industry are invited to submit papers (up to 8 pages) presenting exploratory research within the areas of interest listed below. Papers will be evaluated based on the innovative nature of the ideas, as well as the approach and methods applied.
Areas of interest include:
● Safety, security and resilience
● Automation, autonomy and robotics
● Human factors and decision support tools
● Uncertainty, applied modelling and optimisation techniques
● Complexity, data science and information management
● Machine learning and artificial intelligence
● Aviation economics and business models
● Legal and regulatory aspects and the ATM innovation process
● ATM operations, architecture and performance
● Airspace design and network and flow management
● High performing airport operations
● Advanced air traffic services
● Innovative approaches in environment and meteorology
● Integrated solutions for communications, navigation and surveillance (iCNS)
● Unmanned aerial systems (UAS) and UAS traffic management
All papers (including SESAR contributions) will be peer-reviewed to ensure that high standards are maintained. The proceedings will be available for download in electronic form on both the event website and SESAR JU website prior to the event. All SIDs papers are listed in Elsevier’s Scopus database. A special edition in a renowned ATM research journal will be published with selected articles from SIDs 2019.
Call for posters and exhibits: partners from academia and industry are invited to submit proposals for posters (max 2 posters per subject) and technical exhibits or demonstrations. As well as showing innovative solutions to traditional problems of air traffic management, posters and exhibits may also address wider air transport and air traffic issues, including drone traffic management. Proposals of one page shall be submitted with a detailed description of the subject matter.
Poster/exhibit submission deadline: 13 September 2019
Paper submission deadline: 27 September 2019