The first summer school organised by the Engage KTN took place 09-13 September 2019, in Belgrade, Serbia.
One of the key remits of the KTN is provision of high quality education and training in the field of air traffic management, by means of gathering together postgraduate students, experienced researchers and industry representatives. To that end, the summer school will include tutorials on key ATM concepts and challenges as well as on research methodologies, including case studies and presentations of prominent SESAR exploratory research projects.
Venue: University of Belgrade – Faculty of Traffic and Transport Engineering (Vojvode Stepe 305, Belgrade, Serbia)
Tutorials were given by professors and researchers from University of Westminster, University of Belgrade, University of Trieste, EUROCONTROL and TU Delft.
Final list of tutorial topics:
● Introduction to air traffic control
● Essential data sources in aviation and air traffic management
● Modelling methods in aviation: comparative benefits
● Performance measurement in air traffic management
● Future concepts in air traffic management
● Convective weather decision support tools
● Delays in European aviation: trends and costs
● Tools for data science
● The principles of air traffic flow management
● Flight planning and air traffic management messaging
● Experimental methods
● Making best use of airport airside capacity
● Aircraft surveillance data
● SESAR ER case studies: COCTA and ADAPT projects