EngageKTN will comply with applicable data protection legislation, with relevant EU Directives on data protection (Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, Regulation No 2016/679, which applies from 25 May 2018).
Data collection and processing:
1. Collection of personal data: the personal data collected and further processed are data necessary for the identification of the participants (name/surname, e-mail address, and organisation). EngageKTN will ensure that the amount of personal data collected from any form of interaction with participants is kept at a minimum necessary to achieve the workshop’s objectives and will incorporate anonymised data as much as possible. Personal data collected will be relevant and shared among the EngageKTN consortium, who will only use it for organizational purposes.
2. Processing of personal data: EngageKTN will ensure that personal data, processed on the basis of the participants’ consent and freely given, can be withdrawn at any time. EngageKTN will put measures in place that allow personal data to be deleted from data records. In the event that a user wants to check stored personal data, or modify, correct, or delete it, said user only needs to contact EngageKTN (EngageKTN-Coordinator@westminster.ac.uk) and explain his or her request.
3. Disclosure of personal data: personal data collected and/or processed will be passed on within the EngageKTN consortium for organizational purposes. The full access to all personal data is only granted to a defined population of users, without a prejudice to a possible transmission to the bodies in charge of a monitoring or inspection task in accordance with the EU legislation. The access to the collected personal data will be based on the need-to-know principle.
4. Confidentiality: EngageKTN will keep all personal data confidential as well as data given in confidence. EngageKTN will disclose the confidential data only to those individuals working on the EngageKTN TC1 Workshop on a need-to-know basis or when required by law. EngageKTN will not disclose data to any person or party unrelated to the workshop. Participants’ identities will not be disclosed in publications or at meetings.
5. Data protection and data security:
EngageKTN will keep all personal data secure by using all necessary technical and organisational measures. Personal data will not be kept for longer than necessary outside the purposes for which it was collected and will destroy or delete any personal data that is no longer required for the purposes of the workshop.
All hard copy and electronic files containing personal data will be held, transferred, and processed securely. When they are no longer required for the purposes of the research, they will be destroyed in a manner that safeguards confidentiality.
Workshop material and communication:
EngageKTN will register the audio and video recordings of the workshop for facilitating later analysis. EngageKTN’s workshop participants will be informed in advance of the recording. EngageKTN will only include voluntary participants who have provided, and fully understand, the informed consent.